Sunday, June 20, 2010

What A Weekend

This was a crazy weekend.  One I would like to forget but probably won't forget.  Before I get to that, I have two things on my mind. 

Please pray for the Marshall family as they lost baby Cohen this week.  I can't even imagine the heartbreak they are going through. I pray that God will wrap their family in his love and grace and comfort them during this time. 

I wanted to say Happy Father's Day to my husband and to my Dad.  They are the two most important men in my life and I thank God for them every day.  To my husband~ I know this isn't technically your first Father's Day but it is pretty close.  I know you are going to make a wonderful father and I can't wait to see you with Grayson.  I know it will melt my heart.  Seeing you so excited about his arrival and how you always remember to kiss my belly goodbye every morning already makes me melt.  I love you more each day and Grayson and I are very lucky.

To my Dad~ I am the person I am today because of you.  You have always been there for me no matter what and I can't thank you enough.  If there was anything I ever needed you always provided.  I only hope that I can do the same for Grayson.  You are a wonderful father and I know you will be a wonderful grandfather to Grayson.  He is one lucky little guy. I love you very much Dad!


Now on to my crazy weekend.  I will start with the good part of the weekend first.  Friday night Dustin and I went to eat dinner and then headed over to Best Buy.  We were on a mission to buy a new camera.  I originally wanted to buy a digital SLR camera such as the Canon Rebel.  After seeing it at the store and listening to the sales associate I realized that that kind of camera was way over my head.  It was way too complicated for me and I would never use all of its capabilities.

So we decided on the Nikon Coolpix P100.



It is like a SLR camera except it doesn't have all the manual features.  It will be perferct for capturing all the moments with Grayson.  It even records HD videos. 

Yesterday was my good friend Jennifer's bridal shower.  I didn't take any pictures at the shower but she got lots of great presents.  Later we all met up for her Bachelorette party at a hotel suite in Addison. We all sat around talking and laughing and then we did her lingerie shower.  Again, I didn't get any pictures.  I guess since I feel so huge and unattractive I haven't been into taking pictures lately. Then we headed over to the Melting Pot for our 8:15 dinner reservation.  The Melting Pot is a fondue restaurant and takes quite a while to eat at.  There were 10 of us so dinner was about a 3 hour experience.

This is where the evening went bad.  It was close to 11:00 when we left the restaurant.  It was already way past my bed time and I was ready to get home and crawl in bed.  When I walked back to my car I couldn't find it any where.  I finally realized that it had been towed.  I couldn't believe it as I have never had my car towed before.  One of the other bridesmaids Meredith had parked beside me and her car was towed too.  After we finally find the one sign in the entire parking lot with the towing information we call the towing company place to make sure we are able to get our cars.  Jennifer, the bride-to-be, comes and picks us up and takes us to get our cars.  The towing place is in the GHETTO in Dallas.  It definitely wasn't the safest place to be at 11:30 at night.  When we pull up there are already 5-6 people in line waiting to get their cars.

We get in line and while we are waiting car loads of people keep showing up to get their cars.  Our cars were all towed from the same parking lot.  I waited in line for over an hour before I finally made it to the front of the line.  By this time the line was at least 15 people deep.  The towing company was obviously pulling a scam.  There was two signs in the parking lot regarding the towing and the one at the entrance that I came in was hidden by a bush.  I was furious and hot and it was already 12:30 am by this point.  I just wanted my car so I could get home.  One hour and 15 minutes and $140 later I was able to get my car.  I was not a happy camper.  

Before I leave I check my car for any physical damages and I head home.  I am almost home and my car starts making an awful noise.  It was a metal rubbing on metal sound and it was so loud.  I pulled into the garage but I couldn't see anything.  This morning before Dustin headed to work he drove my car around the block and he said something is definitely wrong and for me to not to drive it.  I am so sick about this since my car is brand new.  My dad is going with me today to get pictures at the parking lot where my car was towed and my car is going to the dealership first thing in the morning.  If there is something wrong with my car we are making sure we get good documentation and we are filing a lawsuit against the towing company.  They will fix my car.  Let me just tell you that the people at the towing company were like the scum of the earth that probably didn't have more than a 5th grade education.  It was awful. 

I finally got home about 1:30 am and I was exhausted.  The worst night I have had in a long time.  On a funny note while we were standing in line this girl and two guys get in line behind us.  We start talking to them and the girl looks so familiar to me.  I knew I had seen her before but I just didn't know where.  After we finished talking to them my friend April whispers that is Shirin from Project Runway.  It clicked then that that was why she looked so familiar.

   
Shirin Askari from Season 6 of Project Runway was standing in line behind us at the towing place.  I was too shy to ask for a picture but it was definitely random that she was standing in line behind us.

Today I am taking it easy and going to spend some time with my family for Father's Day.  I sure hope your weekend was better than mine!
  

2 comments:

Carrie said...

My gosh, Lindsey, what a terrible night! I am cringing for you. I hope nothing serious is wrong with your car. How random is it that you were in line with a Project Runway contestant in the middle of the night in the ghetto?!?! Glad you made it home safe!

Mrs. Ventrca said...

oh geeze...that is terribly annoying! I hope that your new car is ok.. :( Never a good situation, especailly when you are so pregnant!
Sounds like a scam to me...