Sunday, June 6, 2010

35 Weeks

Let the count down begin! I am READY! We hit our first 100 degree day yesterday and I am so over it.  I feel for any pregnant woman that has to go through the entire summer being pregnant.  I am glad I don't have too much longer.
Here I am at 35 weeks.  Picture taken at my sister's engagement party.  Please excuse the way I look.....it was 100 degrees outside and I had been sweating all afternoon.

I went to the doctor this past Thursday and she was a little worried because I am measuring big.  Instead of having me come back in two weeks I am going back this coming Thursday.  She wanted to do a sonogram to see how big he is.  I also have lots of swelling so she wants to check my fluid.  I am kinda hoping this means she will schedule to induce me early.  We will see.  As long as Grayson is healthy that is all that matters. I have also been having some mild contractions.  I have had lots of cramping this past week.  My doctor said at this point she wouldn't try to stop any contractions. If I happen to go into labor she won't try and stop it.  I doubt that will happen though.   

My feet and legs are so swollen and I think they are going to stay that way until he gets here.  I drink lots of water but it isn't always easy to stay off my feet.  Between work and all the things I have to do around the house it is impossible to stay off of them.  I am pretty much limited to two pair of flip flops because the rest of my shoes do not fit.  I can't get my feet in them.  It is still hard to breathe and I get out of breath really easy. 

Sleep is okay.  Some nights I sleep fine and other nights I don't sleep so well.  I am up pretty much every hour to go to the bathroom and get a drink of water.  It seems that I get thirstier at night which doesn't help the bathroom problem.  

I am pretty much exhausted every single day.  It doesn't take much and I am wiped out.  My feet and back start to hurt if I stand for more than 5 minutes.  It makes it a little easier each day knowing that the end is near.  Grayson is still pretty active despite the limited amount of room he has.  

This week I plan on packing my bag for the hospital and work on getting the car seat base in my car.  I want to be prepared just in case.  I will update you after I go to the doctor on Thursday.   

1 comment:

Shannon Dew said...

I know how you feel girl! This summer heat is KILLER! Not much longer though! Hang in there!