We got some exciting news today! Grayson will be here July 2 unless he decides to come earlier on his own. Like I said in my last post, I was measuring big so my doctor wanted me to have a sonogram to get some measurements.
Here he is at 35 weeks and 4 days. He is already estimated to weigh 8 Ibs 12 oz. HOLY MOLY! That is almost 9 Ibs and I still have 3 weeks to go! I know that the sonograms aren't accurate though. My doctor said that more than likely he is at least 8 Ibs already.
Since he is already so big my doctor recommended that I have a c-section. I totally agree! Unless I go into labor in the next few days, she said I will definitely need a c-section. She did check my cervix and there are no signs of labor yet. I go back each week for the next 3 weeks.
I have been on the fence about a c-section for a long time. I wasn't sure if I wanted one or not. I knew that if I was going to have a big baby that I would probably want one. I have no pain tolerance and the thought of something that big coming out of you know what terrified me. Not so much during labor, because I would have every drug possible, but the after part. After talking to lots of moms who the majority had c-sections, I think I am definitely okay with having one. My doctor said it isn't worth it at this point to have to labor for hours to only end up having a c-section in the end. I am at peace with how everything has turned out. Also, I am a planner and having it scheduled is so much better. Now I know when he will be here (unless he decides he wants to come earlier) and I can plan accordingly.
July 2nd I will finally get to hold our little one in my arms. I can't wait! I am sad that I am going to miss one of my best friend's wedding. She is getting married July 3. I was so looking forward to her wedding but there isn't much I can do to change things.
I still don't think it has sunk in for Dustin and I that he will be here in 3 weeks. We are as ready as we can be and I am excited for the adventure!













6 comments:
YAY! How exciting! Can't wait to see him!
My mom had a c-section with me because I was a large baby 8lbs and 14 oz. and then decided to have a repeat with my sister. If you already know that Grayson is going to big I would do the c-section for sure. One of my close friends had a very bad experience with a normal delivery with a large baby, her daughter's arm was actually broken in the process of coming out. I am with you too though, it would be so much better to know exactly when!!! Just three more weeks, it is hard to believe it has been that long already.
I had a c-section with the twins. It was a breeze. I heard everything that was going on in the OR. I heard their first cries. They brought them around to me as soon as they cleaned their lungs. They let me see them. In less than an hour, they were in the room with me and I was out of recovery. I had stitches inside and staples outside. No big deal. The next day, I took a shower and was walking around. My suggestion: If it hurts, get pain medicine, but keep moving. You will regret not moving more than you will moving around. They took the staples out one week later and tomorrow makes two weeks since their birth and I have no pain, no problems, no nothing. Good as new! I hope it goes well for you!
How exciting!!! You and Dustin are going to be great parents :).
awe an end is in sight!!! He's going to be here so soon!
Cant wait to see baby Grayson! Ive decided to go private but if you still want to read my blog send me your email and I'll add you to the list!
GretchenBabbitt@hotmail.com
Post a Comment