Sunday, June 27, 2010

38 Weeks

Can't believe this is my last pregnancy post....at least for quite a while anyways.  Grayson will be here in 5 days and the reality has sunk in.  I am ready though.  I have everything ready except my hospital bag and the car seat.  I know I know...those are the 2 most important things.  I have started packing things in my bag and Dustin is installing the car seat today. 

I am 37 weeks and 5 days in this picture...close enough to 38.

We went to dinner with Dustin's lieutenant and his wife on Thursday night.  Their little boy Alex will be 2 in August.  He was obsessed with my belly.  He stood there for the longest time just touching my belly.  When his mom, Angela, picked him up to leave he started bawling.  He didn't want to stop touching my belly. So sweet!

The heat really is getting to me these days.  I can't do anything without sweating and the heat wears me out.  Honestly I'm just exhausted.  My entire body hurts and my feet and legs are so swollen.  Despite being uncomfortable I still sleep pretty well.  Probably because I am so tired.  I go to sleep about 9:00 every night. 

I had my last doctor's appointment last Tuesday.  Everything still looked good and we are scheduled for Friday July 2.  She explained how everything will work and the process sounds pretty simple.  I may feel differently on Friday though.  My last day at work is Wednesday.  Dustin and I plan on having one final date night.  I am looking forward to it.  I got my hair done this past Saturday and I am getting a pedicure on Thursday.  I am squeezing in as much as I can because I know it will be a while before I get to do these kind of things again. 

I have had a wonderful pregnancy and now the fun begins.  I can't say that I would want to be pregnant again anytime soon but I really can't complain. Now my journey into parenthood begins.  I am excited, anxious, nervous, scared and many more emotions.  It is one of the greatest gifts in life and I plan to enjoy every minute of it, even the bad moments.  

We are taking the lap top, camera and video camera to the hospital.  Hopefully we will get a few pictures posted next weekend.  Have a wonderful week! 

3 comments:

Christa said...

Your getting so close! :) That picture is too cute of him touching your belly!

Claire @ Completely Claire said...

Good luck Lindsey! I can't wait to see pics of the cutel little boy!

The France Family said...

Cant wait to see pictures of baby Grayson!!