Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Nursery Reveal

I am finally finished with the nursery!  Now all I need is a baby to put in it!  I have washed, folded and put away all the clothes, blankets and towels from my baby shower.  It took me 3 days but I finally got everything organized and put away.  I am so glad that is behind me. 

I am pretty proud with how it turned out. Like I said before, it isn't anything you would see in a magazine but I am pleased with the finished product.

View of the dresser from the door

Window next to the dresser

I added the blocks with his name to the window sill after the above picture was taken.  One of my best friend's, Kelsie, made those for me.  I love them!

Cabinet next to the closet that Dustin painted.  Hanging above the cabinet is Dustin's old fire helmet.

Fire truck piggy bank and picture frame on top of the cabinet.  My co-worker and friend Stephanie gave these to me.  So cute!

Banner hanging on the closet door that my dear friend April's mom made for me.  She is so talented and I love the way this turned out. I was definitely surprised when I opened this at my shower.

My glider rocker that is probably the most comfortable chair ever! Above is the cute painting my sister made for me! It says "I see the moon and the moon sees me, God bless the moon and God bless me".  I love it! You can kind of see the small collection of stuffed animals in the corner.  Maribel thinks they are hers. Ha!

This is one of our maternity pictures.  You can kind of see the room better but this was taken before I was finished decorating.

Crib with his name above.  My favorite part of the room.

Close up of the bedding.  I love how it turned out!

All that time and planning and it is finally finished!  I can't believe that in a little over a month Grayson will be here! I feel more ready and prepared now that everything is organized.  I am still working on sterilizing bottles and pacifiers and finding a place for those in the kitchen.  We also need to install the base of the car seat in my car and in Dustin's truck but we still have some time. 

I am currently trying to find some cute pajamas to wear in the hospital.  I am not one to sleep in night gowns so I am trying to find some cute shorts and t-shirt set.  I also need to start thinking about what to pack for the hospital.  Honestly I haven't even given that a thought yet. Any suggestions are welcome! I don't want to forget anything important.  

I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday so I will be back with an update! 




 

6 comments:

Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.) said...

Very cute!!!

Christa said...

Love it! I love the bedding! and those block letters are adorable!

Annie said...

AW!! it's so cute!! everything turned out great hun :)

Shannon Dew said...

AWE OMG it looks SO cute!!!

Heather said...

Awww, his room is so sweet & cute! You did a really good job :).

Amanda @ Our Oklahoma Nest said...

This is adorable!

I love your blog! Congrats on baby Grayson!!!