Sunday, March 28, 2010

25 Week Update

Wow! I can't believe it has been 2 weeks since I last posted.  I have just been busy/lazy lately.  I have a few things to update you on.  This past Monday I went for my monthly check up and had my glucose test.  The drink really wasn't that bad at all.  It tasted like an orange soda.  It was just hard to drink it really fast. I don't think Grayson liked the drink because after I drank it and went back to the waiting room before seeing the doctor, he started moving and kicking like crazy.  I guess he was on a sugar high! They told me if I passed the test I wouldn't hear from them.  I still haven't heard from the doctor so hopefully I passed!

The doctor said everything looked good except my weight.  I gained another 8 pounds.  So not only do I feel HUGE, I feel like a failure.  I really didn't want to gain more than 2 or 3 pounds.  I am just always hungry...like I mean starving.  I will eat and 5 minutes later and I am hungry again.  It doesn't help that I don't always make the best choices in foods.  Dustin gets on to me all the time.  I get no sympathy from him. I am trying to make better choices even though they aren't satisfying or fill me up.  I have gained a total of 20 pounds.  20 pounds people!!  That means I have 40 pounds to loose after this baby because I had wanted to loose 20 pounds before getting pregnant.  I know that I am still going to gain more weight before this pregnancy is over.  So in reality I will probably have at least 50 or 60 pounds to loose after Grayson gets here. Yikes! I am already planning on doing Weight Watchers as soon as the doctor gives me the green light.  There is a local boot camp not far my house so I plan on signing up for that as soon as I can.


Here I am at 25 weeks.  Excuse my outfit, I didn't feel like changing.
I did get some exciting news this past week!  The bedding is finished and is being shipped this week!  The lady who made it sent me a picture and I love it! I can't wait for it to get here.  Our office, which is becoming the nursery, is finally all cleaned out.  I am ready to start decorating.  Now if only I could get some creative juices flowing. 

Even more exciting news, Dustin finally got to feel Grayson move for the first time.  It was early in the morning, like 5:30 am, and we were both laying in bed ignoring our alarms.  Grayson was kicking up a storm and Dustin was finally able to feel him kick.  Lately it seems that Grayson knows Daddy is putting his hand on my stomach and he will stop kicking instantly.  Stubborn little fella!! He moves more and more every day. 

A few other things not related to me being pregnant, last weekend it was 70 degrees one day and it snowed the next.  Gotta love Texas weather!  This weekend has been gorgeous except for the wind.  I didn't really do much this weekend.  I did do a little shopping yesterday and bought a mattress for the crib. Today I went to my friend Kendall's baby shower! Her little boy Mason is due next month! She got lots of cute things!

I am already looking forward to next weekend.  Dustin and I plan on registering, it is Easter weekend and it is my parent's 30th wedding anniversary.  It should be a fun weekend!   

1 comment:

Shannon Dew said...

Girl don't worry about the 8 pounds! You still look GREAT!!! That's really exciting that your hubs got to feel baby, mine's still waiting for that big moment!