Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend.  Mine was great and went by way too fast.  I didn't have Good Friday off but I was lucky and left work at noon.  On my way home my check engine light came on.  Dustin was at work so I met my dad and he went with me to get it checked out.  I hate having to take care of anything related to my car by myself.  Probably because I am clueless when it comes to cars.  Turns out it was my thermostat in my car is broken.  They had to order the part and will put it in this week.  I can still drive my car in the mean time which is good.  After taking care of my car I went to lunch with my dad and then went to run some errands.

Saturday I ran some errands and did some shopping.  I got Grayson some really cute outfits from The Children's Place and they were all 50% off.  They were having a really good sale.  I met my mom and sister for lunch and then we headed to get pedicures.  Saturday afternoon Dustin and I made a trip to Home Depot and then came home and worked in the yard.  We planted flowers and put new mulch in our flower beds.  Dustin did most of the work but I did pull weeds and helped as much as I could.  The yards looks good, I just hope the flowers survive through the summer.  After working in the yard we were starving so we went to dinner at Villa Grande.  I love me some Mexican food! 

After dinner my sister and her fiance Clark came over and brought their new Golden Retriever puppy Carly! 

Isn't she precious! I just love puppies!


Today we went to church with my family.  Before we left Dustin and I tried to get a picture with the camera's self timer and here are the shots we got.

Maribel wouldn't leave us alone.

The second shot my eyes were closed.  We gave up because we were running late but we attempted to get a picture.

Tomorrow is my parent's 30th anniversary so we went out to eat tonight to celebrate.  We went to a yummy place called Cowtown Diner in downtown Ft. Worth.  It was fabulous!  It is an upscale diner with home cooked food.  I had chicken fried steak and it was so good. 

My wonderful parents!


I am so thankful for my parents and am so happy that we got to celebrate their 30th with them.  God has truly blessed me and I hope that Dustin and I can be at least half the parents my parent's were to me. 

Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad! I love you so much!



2 comments:

Christa said...

Happy Easter! Glad you had such a wonderful weekend! Happy 30th Anniversary to your parents!

Heather said...

Happy 30th Anniversary to your parents!

Glad to hear you had a great Easter weekend :).