Sunday, April 18, 2010

28 Weeks

I am officially in my third trimester!  I was looking at a calendar yesterday and realized that in about 2 1/2 months Grayson will be here.  I still can't believe it! I still have so much to do.  I am getting more and more excited each day.  In a little less than a month I am having my maternity pictures taken and my baby shower.  I can't wait! 

Here I am at 28 weeks.  I feel huge but everyone keeps telling me I look small for how far along I am. 

I go to the doctor this week.  Hopefully she won't yell at me for any weight gain.  My appetite has slowed down and I am not as hungry as I have been.  Since my blood type is O negative I have to get a shot of Rogam in case Grayson's blood is positive. 

I am still feeling pretty great.  My feet are starting to hurt a lot more lately.  Even when I am wearing flip flops they hurt.  Sleep is still okay.  My hips start hurting during the night and I become more and more uncomfortable.  My hips are always sore.  My back is starting to hurt a lot more too.  I'm not complaining though because I have had a really great pregnancy so far.

The nursery is slowly coming along.  Our biggest mission right now is to find a dresser.  I am looking for something inexpensive to match the crib.  We are going to Canton in May to see if we can find one.  Once I get the dresser I think everything else will fall into place.  My glider rocker came in this week and I love it.  It matches perfectly and it is so comfortable. I will share pictures of the nursery once it is complete.  I am trying to get it finished by May 22 which is when I am taking my maternity pictures.  I want to take a few pictures in the nursery.  

I have a small wood cabinet that I have had since college.  My dad bought it unfinished and then stained it for me.  I am going to strip it and paint it.  Dustin and I went to Home Depot on Friday and got a few sample colors of paint.  We decided against painting the walls in the nursery though.  The walls are tan/beige and we think it looks really good with the crib and bedding. Plus I am sure we will change up his room once he out grows the crib and I didn't want to have to repaint.  I am kind of glad we don't have that task ahead of us.

Yesterday my mom and I went and she bought the stroller and car seat.  It is a Graco model and I found a pattern that I really liked.  Of all places I found it at Burlington Coat Factory.  I didn't even know they had a baby department.  They actually have a lot of baby stuff.  I think I am going to buy the matching pack n' play from there. 

Grayson's closet if filling up.  I have a lot of washing to do before he gets here.  I have slowed down on buying clothes.  It is so hard to buy clothes because I don't know exactly how big he will be and I don't want to have the wrong sized clothes for the seasons.  

He is moving more and more.  I usually feel him in the early mornings and in the evenings.  I love feeling him move and I just laugh when I see my stomach moving.  It is the greatest feeling!         

1 comment:

Christa said...

Can't believe your already 28 weeks!! You look great! I bet your so excited to meet him!!