Saturday is my 26th birthday and I just realized it isn't all about me anymore. Yes, I am one of those people that gets all giddy about my birthday. I'm not sure why because I am very shy and I hate being the center of attention. But I love birthdays especially mine!
We celebrate birthdays at my office and today we celebrated mine! I am taking off tomorrow afternoon so we celebrated today. This is when I first realized my birthday isn't about me anymore. Oh sure I got a yummy snickerdoodle cake but these are just a few of my presents that I got.
A fire truck piggy bank for Grayson's room
A cute onesie and shoes for Grayson
I also got a gift card to Babies R Us to buy things for Grayson. Everything I got was for Grayson. I wouldn't have it any other way though!
I have a pretty fun weekend in store. I am getting my hair done tomorrow afternoon and tomorrow night I am going out to eat with my family for dinner. Saturday I have plans to do some shopping and then Dustin and I are going out to eat for dinner. We plan on eating at the Melting Pot which is a fondue place.
I hope you all enjoy your weekend as much as I will!











4 comments:
Happy Birthday! This post reminds me of the first time it dawned on me that it wasn't all about me anymore. No matter how much you love your baby and adore being a mother, it still takes some getting used to, like when you walk in a room and everyone runs to the baby and the momma is kinda just back in the shadow of THE BABY. It's sweet though. And trust me it doesn't take long before you are planning your weekend around seeing Mickey Mouse Clubhouse LIVE (like we are this Saturday--ha ha). Enjoy YOUR birthday weekend!
Hope you have a wonderful birthday!
aw, i love it!! you are going to be such a fabulous momma!
sounds like your birthday was wonderful hun!! :)
have a great weekend!!
Yay for Grayson and getting all the loving!
Post a Comment