Monday, March 15, 2010

Birthday Weekend!

I don't know about yall but I had a fabulous weekend!  I did not want it to end.  Friday I left work at noon, headed to get my hair done, got my car washed and enjoyed the beautiful weather.  Friday night my family went out to eat for my birthday.  We went to a local Mexican food restaurant. 



My yummy cookie cake! I get one every year for my birthday.

My sister and Clark

Saturday I slept in and then I met my mom and sister for lunch.  After lunch we went to order my birthday present.  I asked for a Glider Rocker for the nursery.  I went to pick it out and pick the fabric.  It should be here in 3-5 weeks.  Then we went to Babies R Us  and DSW.  My heels that I got last spring for work aren't going to work this spring/summer.  They hurt my feet so bad.  I was looking for some more comfortable shoes to wear to work.  I found a pair of cute wedges.  I wore them to work today and they were kind of comfortable but my feet started hurting this afternoon.  I had to buy a shoe size bigger than what I wore before I got pregnant.  I just read that my feet will probably get even bigger in the coming weeks.  Yuck! I am thinking my boss will just have to deal with flip flops every day.  My feet can't take it.

Saturday night Dustin and I went to eat at the Melting Pot.  It is a fondue restaurant.  It was good but the dessert was the best!  We got a chocolate marshmallow fondue with oreos.  We dipped strawberries, bananas, rice krispies, marshmallows, brownies, cheesecake and pound cake into the chocolate fondue.  It was so good! I completely forgot to take pictures at dinner.  I guess we were too busy stuffing our faces.

Sunday was a lazy day!  It was so nice here and we took advantage of the beautiful weather.  It was in the 70's and nothing but sunshine.  We took the dogs for a walk at the park and then did some stuff around the house.  Dustin grilled out Sunday night and we took it easy.  It was the perfect weekend!  I really wish I was enjoying Spring Break like a lot of you but I don't get a Spring Break anymore. Boo! 

Have a great week!


2 comments:

Christa said...

Glad you had such a great Birthday! I have always wanted to go to The Melting Pot!

Carrie said...

What a fun birthday weekend! I love The Melting Pot too, but I'm with you the dessert is sooooo good. It's heavenly!

Confession: The last two months I was pregnant with Allie Claire I wore nothing but flip-flops!