Thursday, August 4, 2011

Random Things on My Mind

Don't you just love reading lists of random things on people's minds? No? Just me? Oh well, I enjoy it! Here is what is on my mind today.....

1. I finished The Help last night and this has become my favorite book EVER! I loved every word of it. I cried at the end. It was the perfect ending but it definately left me wanting more. If you haven't read it go buy it now. I can't wait to see the movie!

2. I have been so lazy about blogging lately. We went to visit family and went to the beach last week but I have yet to upload the pictures. I always find better things to do...you know like read or watch TV.

3. Dustin and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary on Tuesday. We kept it simple and went to dinner at Trulucks. We enjoyed each other's company but ended up talking mostly about Grayson. We are head over heels in love with our little guy!

4.  And this guy is head over heels in love with Maribel. I swear these two are best friends. They understand each other.


5. I have yet to start on Grayson's "First Year" book. I must get this started ASAP. Before I know it he will be 2 and I will have two books to complete.

6. I can't believe it is already August. Before I know it, it will be Christmas.  Wasn't Christmas a month ago? I know I say this a lot but time seems to just fly by these days.

7. We had a grand opening celebration for our office this past Tuesday. We technically have been open for business since the beginning of April but we waited until the office was up and running to have our grand opening. We all had a great time!

 Ribbon cutting with the local Chamber of Commerce. We did it inside because the actual temperature was 110 and it felt like it was 120 outside.

8. After this weekend I don't have any plans for the rest of August. It is weird looking at my calendar and seeing it so empty. I am loving it though!

9. I am having lasik eye surgery tomorrow. I am excited and nervous. I am ready to kiss these itchy, burning contacts goodbye though. Downside, I can't wear eye make-up for a week. I already warned my co-workers so that I wouldn't scare the hell of out them when I walk in on Monday morning. Trust me, it will be a scary sight.

10. I am so glad it is almost the weekend!


1 comment:

Shannon Dew said...

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow!