Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Random Thoughts & Movie Review

Gosh I hate thinking of blog titles. Mine are always so uncreative. I have some random thoughts, updates and a movie review I wanted to share.

* This past weekend started off bad but ended up good. I got sick on Friday night...like throwing up sick. I couldn't even tell you the last time I have thrown up. I was up most of the night throwing up and I had the chills. Saturday morning I still felt a little nauseous but I felt lots better. But by lunch time I started to feel awful again. I had a 101 temp and I still had the chills. I laid on the couch the entire day. I did not feel good. I guess I had a 24 hour bug because Sunday I felt lots better.

* I am loving the Bachelor Pad this season. It is weird that I like to watch Bachelor Pad when I don't even watch the Bachelor or Bachelorette. I know who some of the people are in the house but some I don't know who they are. It is still fun to watch. The drama is crazy!

* Speaking of TV, I am so ready for all my shows to start up again. Not too much  longer!!

* My lasik surgery went great. So worth the money. I love not having to mess with contacts or glasses. I still reach for my glasses in the morning out of habit. Only downside to the surgery is I am still not wearing eye makeup and my eyes are blood shot red. The redness is only supposed to last a couple of weeks and I am ready for it to go away. Tired of all the funny stares I get from people.

* Yesterday I met Dustin and Grayson at Bass Pro Shop during my lunch. Dustin needed a few things and it is close to my work. We showed Grayson all the fish. He loved it. I can't wait to take him to the aquarium.



* I joined Pinterest. I don't quite get the concept of it but I am sure I will learn. Not sure I will stick with it but we will see. I used to think that about Twitter and now I love Twitter. I find myself checking it so many times a day. Pinterest really is a nightmare for a non-creative person like me. 

* I have already started looking for a Halloween costume for Grayson. Nothing has jumped out at me yet. Why is it that costumes for his age are full head to toe costumes? I have to find something that does not have a head piece. He won't wear it. I can't put anything on his head without him yanking it off. 

* I have read lots of post about Life Planners lately. They look really cool but aren't for me. I did order the MyAgenda Mini  from MomAgenda. I have been wanting something small that I can carry in my purse or diaper bag. I use my calandar at work a lot to keep track of everything personal and work related but I wanted something that I could carry with me. I would so rather have a small planner than using my phone to keep track of things. I am not sure why. 

* Finally the movie review. I went to see The Help this past Sunday! My kind husband asked if I wanted him to go with me to see it. Yes please! That was so nice of him especially since I knew it wasn't his type of movie. The movie was fabulous! For the most part the story was just like the book. Of course the move was not near as detailed as the book and there were a few minor parts in the movie that were not in the book. The movie was so great and I can't wait to see it again. It is a must see but I do recommend reading the book first.

No comments: