Monday, July 25, 2011

Weekend & Summer Reading

Our weekend was pretty boring. We did go to the movies on Friday night with our friends Kelsie & Drew. We saw Friends with Benefits. It was funny as in we all laughed out loud multiple times during the movie. As you would expect from the title it is dirty and raunchy. Saturday I went shopping with my mom and got Grayson some new shoes. He is starting to walk and he needed a good pair of shoes. Yesterday we went to breakfast and then came home. I cleaned, did laundry and started packing for our trip.

This weekend I started reading this...

I can't put it down. I literally can't wait for this evening so I can pick it up again. I wasn't sure if I would even like this book but I am so glad I tried it. From the first chapter it had me hooked and a lot of books take a while for me to get in to. I am excited for the movie even though I know it won't compare to the book. The movies never do.

I recently read this...

I have read a few of Elin Hilderbrand's books and they are easy reads. I really liked this book and it was an easy read. The one thing I didn't like was how it ended only because it left me wanting more. Maybe it was meant to end that way.

I also read this...

I love reading murder mystery/thriller/suspense type books. This one isn't technically a mystery but it kept me on the edge of my seat. I could not put this down because I had to keep reading to find out what was going to happen next. The beginning was a little slow and it took me a little while to get into it. After the first couple of chapters it had me hooked.
Warning: This book has lots of language and provocative scenes.

The next book on my list that I want to read...

I haven't seen the movie and I want to read the book first. I heard the book was really good. Have any of you read it? What were your thoughts?

If you have read any good books please let me know. I am always looking for new books to read.

1 comment:

Heather said...

You should read "The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes" by Diane Chamberlain. It was sooo good!