The past couple of weeks have been busy. This summer is flying by. Here is what we have been up to in no paticular order.....
1. Grayson started swim lessons this past week. He is having fun but they are exhausting. We go in the evening after I get home from work. He is usually so tired at that time and so am I. They are fun but I will be glad when they are over.
2. Grayson and I went on a date this past Friday night. He took me to Chick Fil A. I think this was the first time that Grayson and I have been to a restaurant just the two of us. I played it safe and stuck to Chick Fil A. They are kid friendly so if he started throwing food every where I was safe.
3. Grayson got his first hair cut. I have been meaning to take him for quite some time to get his hair trimmed. His hair was pretty long in the back and it hung over his ears quite a bit. He did really well. Poor Kaylie had a hard time though. Every time she would start to snip he would whip his head around to see what she was doing.
4. We took family pictures a week ago with Kendall Stoy Photography and I can't wait to see them! I saw a sneak peak this weekend and I know they are going to be fabulous!
5. Grayson is into everything these days. He still isn't walking yet. He will walk as long as he is holding onto something but the minute he lets go he crawls. I was making dinner for him the other night and I look down to see this. No, I don't have a lock on this cabinet but I am starting to think I need a lock on all the cabinets now. He won't stay out of the ones that he can open.
6. I have a consulation with a lasik eye surgeon this week. My contacts drive me crazy. They make my eyes really dry and they burn. I still have to squint sometimes with my contacts in. I know I could wear glasses everyday but I have had glasses since elementary school and I hate them. They just aren't me. I am really scared about having surgery on my eyes. I know it is blade free but still. If anyone has any advice please leave me a comment. I know several people who have it done and they have no regrets. Hoping it all works out for me.
7. We are going to the beach in a little over a week. I am not looking forward to the 9 hour car ride with Grayson. If you have any advice on this please share. He hates the car and we turned his car seat around a month ago. He does a lot better but he still fusses a lot even on short rides.
8. Our 3 year anniversay is in 2 weeks. We aren't doing anything special. We will probably just go out to eat. I told Dustin no gifts this year.
I don't know about yall but I am sick of this heat. We have had 15 straight days of 100+ degree heat. I have never been one to complain when the weather gets cold. I know we still have at least 3 months to go with all this heat. Hurry up cold weather. I miss you!











1 comment:
Hey Lindsey! That Grayson is getting big, girl!! As for car advice, I bought a CD that Allie just l-o-v-e-d to listen to in the car! It was called Cow Tunes. A friend told me about it and it saved our life!
Post a Comment