Wednesday, February 2, 2011

1 Month

I haven 't blogged in over a month. Wow! Didn't realize it had been that long. I don't even know if anyone still reads this thing or not. Ha! Honestly I just haven't had the motivation to blog. I sat down a couple of times over the last month with intentions of writing a post but I never followed through.  I get home from work and I spend all my time with Grayson and then I usually hit the hay after he goes to bed.

Not much has been going on in our household. The new job is going great. I am learning a lot and I can't wait to have my own classroom one day. Not the best time to be trying for a teaching job in Texas though. With all the budget cuts for education there are going to be a lot more teachers without jobs.  It is really sad but it is what it is.  I am also loving not having to commute and more time with Grayson. 

We have been covered in ice since early Tuesday morning. Tomorrow will be day 3 of no school. I haven't been outside since I got home from work on Monday. I am going crazy and I am bored out of my mind. They way things are looking, it will probably be Saturday before we can get out of the house. Ugh! There is only so much TV and internet one person can handle. I have enjoyed being cooped up with Grayson though!

The kid cracks me up.  We were watching American Idol tonight and he was glued to the TV.  Whenever someone started singing he stopped what he was doing, was as still as he could be, and he watched intently. It was so funny!

Has anyone been watching American Idol this season? I have missed a few episodes but I am loving it so far.  After last season I swore I wasn't going to watch anymore.  I had lost interest in the show and I wasn't too interested since Simon was leaving.  I am loving the judges this season and I think it might be the best yet.

In other news, Grayson is 7 months old today. I can't believe it. In 5 short months he will be 1 year old. Crazy! Something else that is crazy, I have already started planning his 1st birthday party. Like I have the theme, style of invitations, food, decorations...practically everything planned and picked out. I am sure some things will change but for the most part I have it planned. To say I am excited would be an understatement.

Grayson has 3 teeth and 3 more are coming in. It has been a rough week but we are hanging in there.  I hate teething! He still isn't crawling but he is close.  He also isn't sitting up and I try to work with him some but he isn't interested.  Most of the time I can't even get him into a sitting position because he stiffens up and arches his back. He wants to be on his tummy so I guess I will let him be. I am sure he will sit up in time although I would like for it to be sooner rather than later.  It is so hard to take decent pictures of him when he can't sit up. Speaking of pictures, I don't really have any recent ones of him. I know, I am a bad mother. I have a few random ones on my phone but I haven't taken my camera out of it's case since Christmas. Ok I lied, I did snap a picture of Grayson a few weeks ago when we had our first snow of the year.



How cute is he? Pretty darn cute if I say so myself. He wasn't too sure of the snow.  We were outside less than 5 minutes but I just had to get a quick picture of him in his first snow.

I am so ready for spring and warmer weather.  My sister is getting married in May and I am hosting one of her bridal showers at my house on March 5. I am pretty excited about all the wedding festivities coming up.

That is all I have for now. Hopefully I will be back soon. I will try and stay motivated. I guess I am back to surfing the TV guide for some entertainment. I am so bored! Have a good week and stay warm!

No comments: