Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sick Baby= No Fun

As if I didn't already have cabin fever from being stuck inside from the huge ice/snow storm that hit DFW this week, Grayson is sick and I still haven't been out of the house all weekend. The only place I went was to the doctor on Saturday morning and I had to drive on the ice all by myself.  I am happy to say we made it there in one piece. Oh the life of a being a fireman's wife. I was so wishing Dustin wasn't working as I was sliding around the icy curve yesterday morning.  My knuckles were as white as could be and I was griping the steering wheel like nobody's business. I hate driving on ice and to make it worse Grayson's doctor wasn't on call. We had to go to a different office for the doctor that was on call and I had to take some back roads to get there and they were ICY. 

Grayson has the same sinus/viral infection as the last two times. This time was far worse. My poor baby has been throwing up, has a nasty cough, an endless amount of snot and a fever.  To top it off he is teething.  Two teeth came in on the top earlier this week but one is still trying to come in.  I saw a few on the bottom that look like they want to come in also.  He can't catch a break. I was up with him just about every hour last night and we were both miserable.  Him more so than me.  He would just whimper and cry.  It broke my heart and I will admit I cried for him.  I felt so helpless and I knew he was in pain.  I can't wait for the day that he can just tell me where it hurts.  

I think we are on the downhill side of things. He seemed to feel better today.  I captured some cute pictures of him.  Sorry for the blurriness.  They were taken with my phone.




This morning I brought Grayson into bed with me and we watched cartoons. Jax was not happy that Grayson took his spot in bed.



Dustin worked overtime today and I am having a super bowl party all by myself.  Not really, I don't really care about the super bowl all that much. I do hope the Packers win though.  I can't stand Ben Rothlisberger (sp?) or the Steelers. I am looking forward to work tomorrow so I can get out of the house and get back to a routine.  I haven't put on make-up since last Monday so it will be nice to feel like myself again.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I am already looking forward to next weekend. Not because it's Valentine's Day but because Dustin and I have a date. First one in 7 months.  He has Saturday and Sunday off so we are going to take advantage.  I am thinking dinner and a movie.  I want to see that new movie with Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler....I forget the name of it.  I love Adam Sandler and Dustin worships loves Jennifer Aniston. Only thing I'm not looking forward to is all the crowds because of Valentine's Day. 

No comments: