I know this is a little late but Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and moms-to-be. It was so weird being told Happy Mother's Day on Sunday. I will admit that I liked the sound of it. I can't wait for my first Mother's Day with Grayson.
We had a great weekend. Saturday Dustin and I went to visit his mom and took her out to eat at Chuy's. I love Mexican food! Yum! It was so nice here on Saturday. The high was in the 70's and sunshine. On Sunday Dustin had to work so I went to church with my family and then out to eat for lunch. My parent's came over to my house that afternoon and then we all went and got frozen yogurt. It was a laid back weekend. Sadly I didn't get any pictures.
I honestly can't believe how fast time is flying by. We are already half way done with May. I am so excited for my maternity pictures and baby shower next weekend! I still have no idea what I am going to wear for my pictures. Nothing looks good on me. I went to Target today during lunch to try on some maxi dresses. I thought it would be cute to wear one to my baby shower. WRONG! I looked like I was wearing a MooMoo. It was awful! The ones I tried on were not maternity but even if they were maternity they still wouldn't have worked.
The nursery is so close to being complete. Dustin has to paint a few items this week and then I can hang everything on the wall. I can't wait to share the finished product with you all. When Grayson gets here I am not going to want him to use his own room so it doesn't get messed up. Ha!
On Monday night I traded in my 4 door car for a new "mom" car. That's right I got a brand new mini van. Haha! Just kidding! I only have one kid so need for a mini van here. I got a new 2010 Chevy Equinox.
Mine looks just like this one except it is white. After having a black car for the past 4 1/2 years there was no way I was getting anything other than white. Dustin and I had debated getting me a new car for a while. With Grayson coming and two dogs over 50 Ibs we decided a small SUV would be better. I still needed something that was fuel efficient since I am still commuting to Dallas for work. Luckily I car pool so that will help with gas.
So we went to the dealership and told them what we wanted and what terms we were looking for and surprisingly we got everything we wanted. I have had a very low car payment for the past 4 years since I put so much money down on my other car. It was my first car that I had every bought myself and I saved up a lot of money to put down on it. I was scared that trading it in I was going to get hit with a huge car payment each month. I told them the payment I wanted to be at and we got it. It was the best car buying experience. I hate shopping for new cars.
On a sad note, my sister's fiance has been having dizzy spells and passing out. A few weeks ago he kept feeling dizzy and almost passing out so my sister took him to the ER. They ran some tests and did an MRI and the doctor thought he may have MS. We were all pretty worried but the good news is, we got his spinal tap results back this week and they were negative. The doctor still thinks there is a 10% chance it could still be MS but I am really hoping they can find out what is wrong with him. He is going to a new specialist next week. So please pray that they can find out what is wrong with him.
I hope you are all having a wonderful week!












2 comments:
We went to Chuy's for Mother's Day too! I'm obsessed with their jalapeno ranch dip!!! yum! Love your new car! I have a black Honda and I'm thinking the next car I get will be white. I'm SOO sick of black! My cousin has a white car and it's so clean looking!
Can't believe Grayson is almost here!
I will be praying for your sister's fiance.
LOVE your mom car!!!
Post a Comment