Monday, May 3, 2010

30 Weeks

Can't believe that I have only 10 weeks left of this pregnancy. As you can see I am ENORMOUS!

My ankles and feet have been so swollen.  They look better today though.  I can't stand for long periods of time without my feet and back hurting.  Working on the nursery this weekend was rough.  I kept having to take breaks and sit down.  It sure makes it hard to be productive.

I feel like it takes all my energy to get up and down.  Sometimes when I am just sitting I feel out of breath.  I find myself breathing heavy when I am just sitting and doing nothing.  I feel like I can't get enough air.

Those are my only complaints for now!  I officially can't wear any shoes with a heel.  I did manage to squeeze my feet into a pair of heels for my good friend April's wedding last weekend.


Sleep is rough most nights.  Dustin says I snore every single night.  I can't help it my nose is always congested.  I don't believe him though because most nights it doesn't even feel like I actually go to sleep.  I just toss and turn. 

Grayson is moving A LOT.  The other night after I got in bed he would not stop moving.  Dustin really got to feel him moving around.  He was definitely not being stubborn then.  

My last doctor's appointment was on April 21 and I only gained 5 pounds.  I hope I don't gain much more between now and delivery.  My next doctor's appointment is May 19 and then I start going every 2 weeks.  I still have to register at the hospital and visit with the pediatrician.  I kind of already picked the pediatrician I want to use without meeting with her.  Practically everyone I know that has a child goes to her.  I have heard really great things about her.  I plan on making an appointment with her soon.

I haven't looked into taking any classes.  The only one I was really interested in taking was a breastfeeding class.  Did any moms out there take any classes before delivery?  Did you find them helpful?  My doctor didn't discourage me but she didn't encourage me either.  She basically said they could be helpful but every delivery is different.  I kind of already felt the same way before I talked to her.

I am getting more excited, anxious and nervous every day.  It is going to be here before I know it.  I just feel like I am not going to be ready or I am not going to have everything ready.  I try not to think about it because it is overwhelming. Ready or not he will be here in about 10 weeks and deep down I know Dustin and I will be fine! 

 
 

1 comment:

The Calhoun Clique said...

I didn't take any classes. I thought about the breastfeeding one, but just never got around to it. I delivered at Presbyterian Dallas and they had great lactation consultants that will help you after the baby is born, which I liked. I am pretty sure all hospitals have them.