Tuesday, June 28, 2011

1st Birthday!

I can't believe the big 1st Birthday party has already came and went. It was so much fun and I am still tired from the party. Grayson won't officially turn 1 until Saturday July 2 but I had his party a week early since his birthday falls on 4th of July weekend.

We started off the his party weekend on Saturday. My mom, Dustin and I took Grayson to Toys R Us for the first time. He had so much fun. He loved looking at and playing with all the toys. 


Then we headed to Party City to get all the supplies I need for the party. After that we came home and Dustin and I baked cookies all afternoon. I also got the food ready for the party.

Sunday was the big day! I was so lucky that Grayson decided to take a long morning nap. The party was at 2 p.m. and I was so afraid he was not going to nap that morning and be dead tired by the party.


The party was at my parent's house. The food consisted of sandwiches, pasta salad, watermelon, pineapple, grapes, strawberries, chips and strawberry lemonade. I think Grayson's favorite item was the pasta salad. He loved it!



Smash cake and cupcakes. I got the cupcake stand off Etsy and I added the "dog" embellishments. The smash cake was from a local bakery and the cupcakes were from Sam's. I made the cupcake toppers.


 We took some family pictures while we waited for guests to arrive. Please excuse the quality of the pictures. I totally suck at taking pictures. I really need to take a photography class just so I can learn some basics so I won't have such crappy pictures.



Grammy and Grumpy

Finally the guests started arriving.

Grayson with his buddies Cade and Brock



After the guests arrived and everyone ate Grayson I opened presents.

Dump truck


He wasn't too sure about the bear that sang Happy Birthday


Lawn mower....we are teaching him early. I kid...sort of. He loves this thing. I came home yesterday from work to Dustin racing him around the kitchen on his lawn mower....as in Grayson was sitting on the lawn mower and Dustin was racing him around the kitchen. Boys!

After presents it was time for cake!


What is that Mom?



Not too sure what to do...


Getting the hang of it...


I get it now Mom! He loved making a mess. He played with it more than he ate it.

After cake it was time to swim.


Then it was time for everyone to go home. Grayson was sad to see everyone leave.



It was such a special day. Grayson had a blast and was exhausted when the party was over. The party was a success. I wanted it to be low key and fun. I think we achieved that. We have more birthday celebrations happening this coming weekend for his actual birthday. I can't wait!
 

3 comments:

Mrs. H said...

So cute! Love watching kids experience their first ever birthday cake!!!

Christa said...

Happy 1st Birthday to your little boy! He is adorable! Looks like such a fun party!

Amanda Fouts said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Grayson!! Can't believe a year has already passed! I love following his sweet little life! :)