Not much going on in our household which is why the blog has not been updated. Just not much to blog about. I go to work, come home and spend every minute I can with Grayson and go to bed. I repeat that 5 times a week. This week was pretty exciting though!
On Thursday Dustin finished taking his promotion tests at work. He passed! In the fire department they have positions such as Batallion Chief, Lieutenant, and Driver. Where Dustin works, since they are a small department, they just decided to create driver positions. Up until now anyone on shift would drive the engine. There were 9 spots and 13 people tested for the positions. Only 6 guys passed the tests and Dustin was one of the 6! We are so very proud of him. His new position takes effect October 1.
Friday Dustin worked and Grayson and I went to bed early. I think I was in bed and asleep by 9:30. I also think Grayson is going through a growth spurt because he has slept a lot over the past few days. He slept through the night on Thursday and I was so happy. He also slept through the night last night. When I say sleep through the night, I mean he goes to bed about 9 and sleeps until about 5:30 or 6. That is really good for him. I feed him and he goes right back to sleep until I wake him up to take him to day care.
Saturday morning we relaxed and then went and had lunch at Freebirds. It is a yummy burrito place similar to Chipotle but way better. After that we ran a few errands and then came home and cleaned up the house. Saturday night we went to my parent's house to celebrate my sister's birthday and watch the Texas vs. Texas Tech game. My entire family are Red Raider fans. My sister and I both went to Tech (although we did not graduate from there) and my sister's fiance Clark graduated from there. My husband and my uncle Scott are Longhorn fans. It was a lot of fun watching the game. I am sad that my Red Raiders lost though. Grayson was very sad too.
Last night was a pretty big night for Grayson and I. We officially moved Grayson to his room. He is now sleeping in his own room. It was a success! I hope tonight will be too. When Dustin and I got in bed I told him I felt like something was missing. I had the monitor right beside the bed. It took me a while to fall asleep at first. I kept checking on him on the monitor. I finally fell asleep and didn't hear a peep out of him until 5:30 this morning. Grayson is becoming such a big boy and it makes me sad. I can't believe how fast he is growing. Before I know it he will be off to kindergarten.
Today we are taking it easy and watching the Cowboy game. GO COWBOYS! Hopefully they won't disappoint like last week. I need to finish laundry and make a trip to the grocery store.
I am so excited about all the TV shows returning this week. Finally!











1 comment:
Congrats to your husband! Love Freebirds...yum! Glad moving Grayson to his own room was a success! : )
Have a great night!
Post a Comment