I can't believe today has been 9 years. I have been reading every one's stories about where they were on that awful day. I thought I would share mine as well. I don't think anyone will ever forget where they were and what they were doing on the most tragic day in America's history.
I was a senior in high school and I had just gotten out of my early economics class. As I entered the hallway to head to my first period class everyone was talking about a plane flying into the World Trade Center. At that point nothing had been confirmed and everyone was still confused about what was going on. Knowing my Dad was still at home before heading to work I called him and he confirmed that a second plane had just hit the second tower.
In my first period class our teacher turned on the news and we all watched in horror as our country was under attack. We watched the news in every single class that day. I couldn't take my eyes off the TV. I couldn't believe the horror that was taking place before my eyes. My heart went out to all the victims who lost their lives. That evening my family attended a church service that was held at our church. I just remember feeling numb and still in shock.
When Dustin and I visited NYC last summer the most memorable part of the trip was visiting the 9/11 memorial near where the WTC stood. Visiting the memorial and seeing the events that took place right where I was standing was so surreal.
My heart still goes out to all who lost their lives that day and to all the military troops fighting for our country.
God Bless America.












No comments:
Post a Comment