Sunday, July 18, 2010

Week in Review

This week went by super fast.  Where does the time go? We had quite a busy week.  On Monday Grayson had to go back to the hospital for some routine tests.  He had to take his hearing test again and his PKU test.  He failed his hearing test for a 5th time so we have to go see a specialist this coming Friday.  The pediatrician said not to worry about the hearing test.  She said lots of babies pass once they go see the specialist.  I am not too worried anymore because I know he can hear.  The dogs have startled him many times and so has the hair dryer.  I will feel a little better after we see the specialist though.

On Tuesday Dustin and I took Grayson to Target.  We wanted to get out of the house and we needed a few things.  He slept most of the time.  He started waking up towards the end but we fed him a bottle and he went right back to sleep.  Luckily he didn't he wake up screaming like he does most of the time.

On Wednesday we got brave and we went to lunch at Chili's.  It was a success.  This was our little man the entire time.


He was just so darn cute I had to snap a picture!

We took it easy on Thursday.  I had a doctor's appointment with my doctor and then I made a quick trip to Wal-Mart.  Dustin kept Grayson while I went.  The doctor said everything looked great and I lost all of my pregnancy weight except for 5 Ibs.  I am by no means bragging though.  I still need to lose about 15 pounds but I will settle for 10.  I plan on starting Weight Watchers soon.  I have pretty much stopped breast feeding so dieting is not off limits anymore.  I tried breast feeding but I just could not keep him satisfied.  I didn't have enough milk and once he got the formula in a bottle he was not interested in nursing anymore.  The pediatrician said probably because with a bottle he doesn't have to work for it.  Lazy thing!  I tried to keep nursing but it was a struggle to get him to eat.  So he is pretty much on formula now and I am okay with it. 

Friday was my first day on my own.  Dustin went back to work.  It went pretty well! Grayson had a doctor's appointment with the pediatrician Friday afternoon.  My mom went with me.  Grayson weighs 10 Ibs 11 oz.  He is such a chunky monkey!  She said everything else looked great and we don't go back until he is 2 months.  After the doctor my mom and I went to the mall for about 30 minutes.  We were scared he was going to wake up screaming so we just made a short trip.  It was so nice to go to the mall and look at clothes that were NOT maternity.  I didn't buy anything but I can't wait to make my first non-maternity purchase!

Last night my good friend Kelsie had a gender reveal party!  It was a lot of fun!  Grayson's Grammy and Grumpy (my parent's) watched him while Dustin and I went to the party.  We took a family picture before we left.

Dustin's eyes are closed as usual.


Such a cutie!

The party was a lot of fun!  Kelsie had everything decorated really cute!



We ate burgers and waited in suspense to find out if they were having a girl or boy.

I was team pink!


and Dustin was team Blue.


We all got our cupcakes and took a bite at the same time.



and we found out it's a.......


Boy!  Can you see the blue icing?

The party was such a good idea and I am so excited for Kelsie and Drew.  Their little man Brock will be here in December!  Grayson will have a buddy now!  Can't wait!

Today we are taking it easy and catching up on sleep and laundry.  Hopefully this week won't be as busy!

4 comments:

Christa said...

Grayson is such a cutie! Sounds like y'all are doing great! I love the idea of having a gender reveal party!

Christa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon Dew said...

Gender reveal parties sound like SO much fun, I wish I would have done that!!! You look AMAZING mama and your little man is precious!

Carrie said...

Lindsey, Grayson is such a handsome little boy! I know you must be crazy about him. Don't worry one bit about the hearing test. A friend of mine's baby girl also failed the test several times only for a specialist to determine later that Little Miss' hearing is just fine. By the way, you are looking so good. Not one bit like you just had a baby!