Well there wasn't much laboring but there was a delivery. The whole delivery experience was quite different than I imagined. Of course the doctor explained how the process to me before hand and it was explained again once we got to the hospital. I have never been admitted or stayed in a hospital before. We got to the hospital at 6:30 am on Friday morning. My c-section was scheduled for 8 am. They immediately got me into a prep room and hooked me up to a monitor. They started my IV and took my blood. I was having some contractions but they were not strong at all. Then the nurse came back in and said that we got pushed back because an emergency c-section came in.
Us and all of our family waited anxiously for our turn. Finally around 9:00 they came and said it was time.
They took me back to the operating room so I could get my spinal. The OR was very interesting as I have only seen the inside of one on TV which aren't real. It was very cold. It didn't take long for them to do my spinal and I immediately went numb. It was an odd experience. They told me I might get naucous and I did. I started to feel like I was going to throw up. They gave me some medicine in my IV and the feeling instantly went away. The doctors finished getting everything ready and they started the procedure. Dustin came in and it seemed like he was only at my side for a second. My doctor let him step around the curtain to watch and take pictures. We were told he wasn't allowed to view the open area because of liability reasons but I guess my doctor let Dustin because he is a paramedic and had seen this done before.
Sorry if this grosses any of you out.
Then they brought him around the curtain for me to see and then immediately took him to get checked out. Dustin went with Grayson and then once they cleaned him up they brought him back around for me to see. I only got to see him for a second and then Dustin and Grayson headed to the nursery. They stiched me back up and then I went to the recovery room. Finally Dustin came to the recovery room. I was in the recovery room for about an hour and then I finally got moved to a permanent room.
Then Dustin brought Grayson to our room and all my family was able to come back. It was a very overwhelming experience. Lots of emotions going through me. Friday I was kind of out of it because of all the pain meds. Apparently I used an entire thing of morphine and Dustin and the nurse were shocked. I just hit the button every 6.5 minutes like the nurse said to. Saturday was a rough day. They took me off my IV and all the meds. They switched me to pain pills. I also had to get up and go to the bathroom now since my cath was taken out. It was very painful. It was also rough getting Grayson to breast feed. It really is a difficult process. We have the hang of it now thank goodness. I had lots of visitors on Saturday.
Sunday was a pretty boring day. Dustin and I were so ready to go home. I was feeling better and the pain was a lot more managable. We spent the day watching TV and movies on the lap top. Finally on Monday morning I was released and we were able to come home. I was so ready to get out of that hospital.
Here is Grayson's going home outfit. I was really afraid it wasn't going to fit since it was newborn size and Grayson still weighs close to 10 Ibs. He was almost a 4th of July baby so I thought this outfit was fitting.
In the car ready to go home!
Introducing Grayson to the dogs. The dogs have done very well since we have been home. They are both very interested in Grayson. They really like to lick him so we have to watch them and keep them back. Maribel goes anywhere Grayson goes. When Grayson gets a little older I know the dogs are going to have a blast.
Our first night at home was rough. Grayson did not want to sleep and Dustin and I didn't get much sleep. Since Grayson is so big he wants be fed about every 2 hours. It is so exhausting. We tried keeping him awake more today but we didn't have a lot of luck. It is hard to keep a newborn stimulated. We did take a nap this afternoon while he slept. We are hoping for a better night tonight.
We are both so in love Grayson but this whole process and experience is very overwhelming. Everything has changed and it is a lot to take in. I know we will survive this stage but it sure seems like we have a long road ahead of us. This is probably the hormones talking now. Ha!
I have more sweet pictures of the dogs and Grayson and Grayson's first bath. Hopefully I can get those up soon!
P.S. I am not proof reading or spell checking this so sorry for any typos. I am off to get some sleep.....hopefully!














4 comments:
He is beautiful and that first picture is wonderful! I know so many people wish that had a picture like that of their sweet baby entering the world! Take all the naps you can when he is sleeping or if you have family taking care of him!
Loved reading all about your delivery. Grayson is adorable! Loved his going home outfit! Get some rest girl...hope tonight is better for you!
You probably will never proof read anything again!! haha I guess that is what happens when you have a baby! I'm so glad he is healthy and beautiful!
P.s. I think it is funny how we both follow katie & christa and me and you actually know each other in real life! small "blogging" world! :0)
hope you get more rest tonight!
awe he is so sweet! Congrats again!
Post a Comment