Saturday, July 10, 2010

Grayson's First Week of Life

Yesterday Grayson was one week old.  Time is already flying by so fast....except for the sleepless nights.  I will admit I am exhausted and this is a lot harder than I ever expected.  I know it will get easier though. 

Here is what has happened over the course of his first week of life:

- He eats about every two hours and nurses for about 40 minutes to an hour each time.....see why I am exhausted??? We have been supplementing with formula which helps.  It kind of keeps him full longer plus it gives me a break and Dustin can feed him some.

- He had his first bath.  He cried until about half way through and then he calmed down.  We gave him a bath the other night and he didn't cry at all.  I still get a little nervous giving him a bath.  I feel so bad for him because he shakes the whole time because he is cold.  Poor little guy!


- He has done a lot of sleeping.  He still has his days and nights mixed up but the pediatrician said he should get straightened out in the next week or so.  I am praying hard he does because I don't know how many more nights like the ones we have had I can take.  He loves to sleep on his daddy's chest.


- Maribel and Jax love to give him kisses.  We have to keep them back but they are learning to just sniff and hold off on the kisses for now.  Maribel is like mother hen but even she doesn't get up anymore during the night.  You know you aren't getting any sleep when your dogs look beat down the next morning too.


- We had our first doctor appointment this week.  It was our first outing.  He likes the car and goes right to sleep.  He did very well at the doctor also.  He didn't cry once! He weighs 9 Ibs 15 oz so he is getting back to his birth weight.  He is in the 95th percentile on weight and the 70th percentile on length.  He is 20 1/4" long.  We go back to the doctor next Friday for another check up.


Look at those chubby checks!

We tried to get his newborn pictures taken today but we didn't get that many.  He was being very stubborn and wouldn't go to sleep.  We are going to try again tomorrow.  I am hoping he will cooperate.  It has been a rough week but we are enjoying being new parents.  I know we will look back on these days and laugh.  Although right now we have ruled out a second child.....ha! It is probably just the exhaustion talking though. 

We feel extremely blessed and are enjoying watching our little man grow!

3 comments:

Mrs. Ventrca said...

so sweet! if you want to try my miracle blanket, let me know...i SWEAR by them :)

Christa said...

He is SO cute! I'm sure it will get easier. Can't wait to see his newborn pictures!

Shannon Dew said...

sounds like you're doing pretty good girlie! he's so cute and I love the pic of him sleeping on his daddy!