Here's what we've been up to lately.....
* I've been so busy at work I feel like I haven't had much time for anything else. I am off tomorrow and I am looking forward to a day with my family.
* Dustin and I took Grayson to the air show this past weekend. We only got to stay about 2 hours but Grayson really enjoyed watching the airplanes. He loves to point them out to us when we are outside. We wanted to stay longer but Grayson was so ready for a nap.
Eating a corn dog
* I am almost finished with Season One of Friday Night Lights. I love this show. I am hooked!
* We finally moved Grayson's room to our old guest room. It is bigger than his old room. We moved all his toys into his new room. He likes playing in there.
* Dustin and I got a last minute opportunity to go to Game 5 of the World Series. This was a dream come true for Dustin. I was so happy it worked out because it was pretty awesome to see the happiest smile on his face. We attended the game with my co-workers and some good clients of ours. We all had a blast and the Rangers won!!!! I only got a few blurry pictures on my phone.
CJ Wilson warming up in the bull pen
I don't think there was an empty seat in the ballpark.
* This past Sunday we took Grayson to the pumpkin patch. He is teething and just isn't feeling that great. I only got a few smiles out of him the whole time we were there. He loved walking around looking at everything.
* We finally got some fall weather today. I finally got to wear a sweater and boots. Sadly it probably won't last long.
* I am ready for Halloween on Monday. We aren't doing a whole lot but we plan to attend a Trunk or Treat in our town and hit up a few houses for some candy.
* Last, something that has been weighing on me heavily the past few weeks. Mrs. Lisa, our current child care provider, had some unfortunate events and she has decided to down size the number of kids that she keeps. She decided to keep 5 babies. In case you don't know, Grayson has attended an in-home day care since he was 8 weeks old. I love love love Lisa and I was so upset when she made this decision. We were going to have to move him to a new place next summer anyways because she only kept kids until they were 2 but I am just not ready to move him yet. He is still a baby in my eyes and moving him to a day care program is so scary for me. I have never had to worry about Grayson when he was at Lisa's. He was loved on so much in her care. My first choice of day care program is impossible to get in. I am still keeping my fingers crossed that I can get him in next fall. In the mean time he will be attending the day care program at the church I grew up in. Today was his last day at Mrs. Lisa's. I was in tears when I left today and I am sure there will be lots more tears over the weekend. Next week is going to be hard for me and Grayson. I know he is going to be fine but I am still so worried. Just when I thought I had this working mom thing down this happens. I am saying lots of prayers that the transition will go smoothly for Grayson.
That's all I got for now. Have a great weekend!













No comments:
Post a Comment