Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pity Party

Today I feel like having a pity party for myself.


- My house is extremely dirty. It hasn't been cleaned in months. Sure I vacuum here and there and do laundry (it usually gets folded a week later) but as for truly cleaning my house I never have time.

- I hate that I am working and not at home with my little man. The only time I get to spend with him is in the evenings and he usually spends most of that time fussing because he is tired. He is usually asleep by 8:30 so my 2 1/2 hours with him everyday goes by way to quick.

- I am tired. Grayson's sleeping habits have changed and he is up at least 2 times during the night and often is wide a wake at 5am.

- I have been in shopping mode for months but can't buy anything. We really need to be saving money right now. It is taking a lot of will power right now not to go shopping.

- I still have yet to get all our hospital bills paid from Grayson's birth. Every time I look at it, I toss it aside. The insurance stuff is too complicated for me.

- I am sad that my husband has to work Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day this year. Not fair!

- I feel so unorganized and totally not myself these days.

- I am trying to be patient and let God take control. I have been trying to make a few changes in my personal life and they aren't happening as quickly as I would like. A year and half later I am still waiting. I know God has a plan for me I am just waiting for him to show it to me.

Okay, my pity party is over.  Please understand that I know I am truly blessed but every now and then I can't help but feel sorry for myself.   Besides, when I get home at the end of the day and Grayson looks at me and smiles I usually forget about all of the above. Does anyone else ever throw a pity party for themselves?

7 comments:

Brittney @ britandtheboys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay said...

Thanks for this post! I can relate to many of these so its nice to know I'm not the only one!

Amanda Fouts said...

Thinking about you sweet girl!! I'm so sorry that Dustin has to work Thanksgiving and Christmas Day... a TOTAL bummer!! :( But man, oh, man... little Grayson is SUCH a little CUTIE PIE!!!

Mrs. Ventrca said...

I feel ya on the holiday pity! I will be a fireman's widow on those two days as well... Maybe Dustin could offer to work Christmas Eve for someone...you never know who might be willing to switch shifts!!

Heather said...

Awww, sweetheart...do not feel bad! We all have to have a little pity party every now and then. It tends to make things come into perspective in the long run =). Keep your head up, it will all be alright!

Carrie said...

Don't feel bad, take a few minutes and have that pity party. You will feel better! Just know that most of us mommas have been right where you are. I promise you, it will get better! Just let the laundry and dirty house ride and spend all the time you can with your sweet boy and husband.

Anonymous said...

Since I have gone back to work, I have just decided I will do what I can. The boys go to bed about 8:45 and I make sure I do one load of laundry and pick up one room before I go to bed. My house is NOTHING like it used to be, but it helps. I have learned to over look the piles because I would rather spend time with the boys!